Sponsor Reporting Coordinator Partnerships | Part Time | New York City
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as a part-time Sponsor Reporting Coordinator for our hackathon partnerships team. This is the team that’s responsible for creating the partnerships that bring cool technologies and products to MLH Hackathons. As the Sponsor Reporting Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for helping us gather feedback from hackers and share all of the awesome projects that use our sponsor platforms.
This is a perfect role for someone who has run a hacker club, hackathon, or other community organization and wants to gain experience working at a fast growing startup with a wide range of exciting partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick out projects made using specific technologies at hackathons. You’ll be responsible for reading over hackathon projects and putting them into a database, based on certain criteria – such as using particular API’s or entering prize categories.
- Report on social media success. You’ll pull tweets and posts about certain topics from social media to help us share what hackers are saying about our sponsors.
- Track key success metrics. You’ll be responsible for updating certain internal measures for the team to see on a rolling basis.
- Help optimize & document our process. You’ll help identify areas where we can improve our tracking and reporting.
- Can commit to working 10 - 20 hours per week in our NYC HQ.
- Prior work experience at an internship or other job.
- Very organized and have impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Familiarity with hackathons or hacker culture.
- Proficiency with Google Sheets, Excel, Twitter and Facebook.
- Weekly team lunches
- Fast paced learning environment
- Flexibility on hours
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 full-time people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered more than 600 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons).