Sponsor Reporting Coordinator
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as a part-time Sponsor Reporting Coordinator for our hackathon partnerships team. This is the team that’s responsible for creating the partnerships that bring cool technologies and products to MLH Hackathons. As the Sponsor Reporting Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for helping us gather feedback from hackers and share all of the awesome projects that use our sponsor platforms.
This is a perfect role for someone who has run a hacker club, hackathon, or other community organization and wants to gain experience working at a fast growing startup with a wide range of exciting partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Pick out projects made using specific technologies at hackathons. You’ll be responsible for reading over hackathon projects and putting them into a database, based on certain criteria – such as using particular API’s or entering prize categories.
Report on social media success. You’ll pull tweets and posts about certain topics from social media to help us share what hackers are saying about our sponsors.
Track key success metrics. You’ll be responsible for updating certain internal measures for the team to see on a rolling basis.
Help optimize & document our process. You’ll help identify areas where we can improve our tracking and reporting.
- Weekly team lunches
- Fast paced learning environment
- Flexibility on hours
- Can commit to working 10 - 20 hours per week in our NYC HQ.
- Prior work experience at an internship or other job.
- Very organized and have impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Familiarity with hackathons or hacker culture.
- Proficiency with Google Sheets, Excel, Twitter and Facebook.