Head of Engineering
Major League Hacking (MLH) is rethinking technical education for the modern world. Now that every company is a technology company, we need faster and more effective ways to train the talent that everyone depends on. Our unique hands-on, community-driven approach has helped more than 500,000 technologists worldwide launch their careers and stay up-to-date with the latest trends. If you're passionate about technology, education, and the future of work – this this the place for you!
As our Head of Engineering you’ll be responsible for building out a team of developers who will create and maintain engineering products that help aspiring software engineers level up and launch their careers. The software that you and your team write will power the largest community of early career developers in the world and help redefine the future of work & technical education.
This is a key leadership role in a fast-growing startup reporting directly to the CEO & Co-Founder.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Write Code: You’ll design, write, and maintain the software that powers everything we do. You’ll be a part of the entire lifecycle from conception through deployment.
Own the Roadmap: Work closely with the CEO and product owners to scope work, plan sprints, & execute the product roadmap.
Build & Lead a Team: Attract, evaluate, and hire a team of talented engineers. Once they’re in place, you’ll oversee their work and coach them through regular 1:1s and career conversations.
Define our Engineering Culture: You’ll establish a world-class engineering culture that values shipping high-quality software.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Ability to work from home 2x per week
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
More About Major League Hacking (MLH):
- We’re a team of 15 full-time people with offices in New York City and Bangalore/Delhi.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- Previous experience leading engineering teams, especially remote teams.
- Strong experience in TDD and modern development practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable organizational and project management skills
- An interest in reimagining the future of education and work
- Located in or willing to relocate to New York or Seattle