General Manager, MLH Fellowship
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office (presently remote) as General Manager for the MLH Fellowship.
The MLH Fellowship is an educational internship alternative, where aspiring software engineers have the opportunity to collaborate on real-world projects under the mentorship of professional software engineers. We truly believe that this program can change the face of technology education and hiring, helping computer science students learn the skills that they’re not getting in the classroom, but are necessary to join the workforce.
As the leader of the MLH Fellowship product line, you’ll oversee staff and be responsible for the output in four major functional areas:
- Program Experience
- Customer Success
This is a key leadership role in a fast-growing startup reporting directly to the CEO & Co-Founder.
Business Management: Manage the Fellowship P&L and budget. Track and report on KPIs and strategic goals.
People Management: Build and lead the Fellowship team, including hiring, talent development, and retention.
Strategy: Set, execute, and refine the Go-To-Market, product, and operational strategies for the Fellowship.
Oversee Operations: Ensure that the promises that we’ve made to our fellows, staff, and enterprise customers are being fulfilled at MLH’s standard of excellence.
Product Development: Build the feedback loop and experimentation framework needed to design a world-class product experience for our fellows and customers.
Business Development Support: Partner with our business development team to build relationships with new customers and win their business.
Customer Retention & Growth: Build relationships with our customers and grow their accounts over time.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
About Major League Hacking (MLH):
Major League Hacking (MLH) is rethinking technical education for the modern world. MLH has become the default destination for top tech talent to gain hands-on experience, build their professional networks, and ultimately level up their careers. In 2020 alone, more than 120,000 technologists joined the MLH community at 1,400 MLH-powered hackathons, workshops, and fellowships worldwide.
- We’re a team of 15 full-time people with offices in New York City and Bangalore/Delhi.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- Proven leadership & management experience overseeing a team with multiple functions
- Experience working with executive-level clients at large companies
- Experience managing a P&L and/or large annual budget
- Experience with technical talent related products or initiatives
- Bonus: Technical background (knows how to code)