Director of Business Development
Major League Hacking (MLH) is rethinking technical education for the modern world. Now that every company is a technology company, we need faster and more effective ways to train the talent that everyone depends on. Our unique hands-on, community-driven approach has helped more than 500,000 technologists worldwide launch their careers and stay up-to-date with the latest trends. If you're passionate about technology, education, and the future of work – this this the place for you!
As our Director of Business Development you’ll be responsible for crafting partnerships that drive revenue for MLH and successful outcomes for our customers. Companies like GitHub, Amazon, Facebook, Twilio, Indeed, Adobe, and Amex already count on us to reach some of the world's most talented software engineers. You'll help expand that customer base by building relationships with engineering & talent decision makers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop & maintain relationships with potential customers. You'll build a network of key marketing, engineering, and talent decision makers and work with them in a highly consultative settings to make build true partnerships with our customers and potential customers.
Structure, negotiate, & close new partnership deals. You'll identify business opportunities with your contacts and oversee those deals from inception to close, ensuring that we meet or exceed our revenue goals.
Partner cross-functionally to drive successful outcomes. You'll work with with leaders across the MLH team to align on our business development strategy and deliver compelling results for our customers.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Ability to work from home 2x per week
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
More About Major League Hacking (MLH):
- We’re a team of 15 full-time people with offices in New York City, Seattle, and Bangalore/Delhi.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like GitHub, Amazon, Facebook, Twilio, Indeed, Adobe, and Amex to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- Experience managing, negotiating and closing high value deals with large companies
- Experience selling early-stage products before widespread market adoption
- Ability to prospect via email, LinkedIn, outbound calls, attend conferences & events
- Collaborative and consultative problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable organizational and project management skills
- Process and detail oriented
- An interest in reimagining the future of education and work