Business Operations Manager
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as Business Operations Manager. You will be responsible for the administration of MLH’s business.
Every year, MLH helps hundreds of community leaders around the world organize events for over 100,000 technologists and innovators.
You’ll manage our accounting, bookkeeping, and various other major projects to ensure that MLH can run successfully and that our team is well supported. This is a role to grow and take on new responsibilities, while ensuring a business runs well.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Corporate Accounting - You’ll be responsible for ensuring our books are kept correct and up to date, financials are produced monthly, and financial processes are followed.
Business Operations Management - As a small and growing company, you’ll be asked to manage a number of executive level projects in support of the business, this might include: managing the remodel of our office, ensuring organization wide compliance with new laws, or overseeing the start of a new program.
Office Management - While not a concern at present, once we return to the office, you’ll be responsible for managing the vendors that service our office and ensuring it remains a great place to work for our team.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 100,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Google, Slack, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve helped thousands of hackers find community in 50+ countries.
- We’re the place for student technologists. 50%+ of North American computer science/engineering students attend our events each year and nearly all of them love MLH.
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting/bookkeeping role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Process driven and detail oriented personality
- Exceptional organizational ability