Account Manager Sales | Full Time | New York City
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as an Account Manager. As part of our Sales team you will be responsible for performing client service activities, renewing and upselling contracts, and building relationships with some of the most forward-thinking companies in existence.
We facilitate hundreds of weekend long invention competitions for some of the smartest students you’ll ever meet. Every year, more than 65,000 students create amazing things at Major League Hacking hackathons and we provide the framework to make it all happen. We work with great partners like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to give the students great experiences. Better still, we’re a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world.
This is the first account management team hire in a fast-growing startup, reporting directly to Vice President of Sales. Through the day-to-day management and optimization of our clients’ campaigns, you’ll play a strategic role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver packages that satisfy the needs of both our corporate customers and community
- Sell the vision and benefits of an entirely new class of event to our customers and working with them to create unique business opportunities
- Generate new sales leads through digital outreach and in-person networking opportunities
- Maintain a high quality contact list and pipeline for relevant sales opportunities
- Work with our operations team to ensure high quality execution on our sales packages
- Create and deliver custom sales pitches, both digitally and in-person, based on the needs of each target customer
- Listen to the needs of the market and share with our founders and leadership team to help develop business opportunities, new product lines, and meet revenue goals
- Track every piece of the sales process in Salesforce
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years’ professional experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding quarterly sales targets
- Entrepreneurial spirit who excels in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Previous tech startup experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience using a CRM to track all information
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about technology, developers, and events
- Ideal candidate has an understanding of developer communities and culture within the tech industry
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.