MLH Localhost Product Manager Product | Full Time | NYC
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as Product Manager for our newest product - MLH Localhost. We are reimagining hackers’ education experience to reflect the way that technologists actually learn, how fast the industry moves, and the need for lifelong learning. As the Localhost Product Manager, you’ll take ownership over this exciting new initiative and scale it to make a huge impact.
This is a key position in a fast-growing startup, reporting directly to the CEO and helping drive the company’s strategy.
- Product vision, strategy, and roadmap. You’ll work with our CEO to set the product vision and translate it into a strategy and roadmap. Ultimately you’ll be responsible for creating a product that provides immense value to our community of hackers and corporate partners.
- Project management. You’ll collaborate closely with the MLH team and external experts to build features and content to achieve our product vision. You’ll create and communicate the plan through user stories, wireframes, tests, prototypes, and specs.
- User research and customer development. You’ll spend lots of time listening to and surfacing insights from our community and corporate partners. You will become an expert on their needs and will mobilize our resources to create a product that meets them.
- Technical curriculum design and development. You will manage the planning, production, and continuous improvement of the content we offer through MLH Localhost. You’ll need to collaborate closely with subject-matter experts and be technical enough to talk shop with our community of young technologists. Additionally, you’ll design the written and video training materials that onboard and educate our instructors.
- Market and scale the product. You’ll be responsible for taking the initial traction we’ve seen to the next level by growing the base of empowered users and finding ways to keep them engaged with the product. You’ll need to create messaging and materials that communicate MLH’s mission and the value of MLH Localhost.
- A track record of launching successful products, features, or content.
- Experience managing projects with lots of moving pieces and external stakeholders.
- Either a technical background with some programming experience or previous experience creating technical content or courses.
- 2+ years working in a fast-paced growth environment.
- You’re passionate about technical education and communities.
- You’re excited to take a high-potential product with some initial traction and build it into something big.
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.