Graphic Designer (Print) Product | Contractor | NYC
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for a Graphic Designer who specializes in Print Design to help us educate and empower our community. Every year, thousands of developers, designers, and makers attend MLH events where they learn new skills and develop a deep passion for technology. As a Graphic Designer, you’ll be responsible for helping us design all of the print assets that communicate what MLH is and what we do at those events. You’ll partner with our CEO to quickly bring your designs to life.
This is a 4 - 6 week contract role for 20 to 30 hours per week. We’ll ask you to come to our office for in-person sessions some days, but you will be able to work remotely once the project is underway.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Wireframe & mockup print assets. You’ll partner with our CEO to understand the goals of each asset and then create low fidelity prototypes to help identify the right direction.
- Design high fidelity assets for print. You’ll turn your prototypes into print-ready assets that can be handed off to our operations team. You’ll be responsible for creating everything from t-shirts to stickers to posters and beyond.
- Ability to design attractive print assets in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, or the program of your choice.
- Strong understanding of visual hierarchy.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas using text, images, and icons.
- Responsiveness — we’ll be iterating over your work quickly.
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 12 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.