Full Stack Engineer Product | Full Time | NYC
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as a Full-Stack Engineer. This is an ideal position for someone looking to gain experience working with both frontend and backend technologies to launch new products and features.
We facilitate hundreds of weekend long hackathons for some of the smartest students you’ll ever meet. Every year, more than 65,000 students create amazing things at Major League Hacking hackathons and we provide the framework to make it all happen. We work with great partners like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to give the students great experiences. Better still, we’re a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world.
This is a key position in a fast-growing startup, reporting directly to the CEO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Write code and launch products that empower hackers and student leaders around the world.
- Maintain and develop new features for a platform with 50,000+ users.
- Automate tasks and build tools that make the MLH team more productive and efficient.
- Guide products and features through every phase of the development cycle: brainstorming, wireframing, prototyping, development, launch, & iteration.
- Manage the content across all our brand and event websites for teams within MLH.
- Work closely with our designer and other teams inside MLH to meet the needs of our community and customers.
- 2+ years of professional experience in web development with modern technology stack.
- You are strong in both frontend and backend development.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user experiences.
- Experience with web frameworks (Rails, Sinatra, Flask, etc.). Rails experience preferred.
- Experience with CSS/JS frameworks (Bootstrap, React, etc.).
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.