Front-end Developer Product | Contractor | NYC
This is a 4 - 6 week contract role for 20 to 40 hours per week. We’ll ask you to come to our office for in-person sessions some days, but you will be able work remotely once the project is underway.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Write code & launch products that empower developers around the world. Your code will directly impact the lives of thousands of developers, designers, and makers around the world.
- 2+ years of professional experience in web development with modern technology stack.
- Experience with HTML and CSS/JS frameworks (Bootstrap, React, etc.).
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Attention to detail.
- Responsiveness — we’ll be iterating over your work quickly.
- Experience with Ruby is nice to have, but not a requirement.
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 12 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.