Customer Success Manager Partnerships | Full Time | New York City
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as a Customer Success Manager. Every year, MLH works with thousands of student and faculty event organizers around the world to help them build local developer communities and events serving more than 100,000 people each year.
As our Customer Success Manager, you’ll work on the sales and marketing team with our corporate sponsors, helping to optimize and execute on developer-facing campaigns in MLH’s community. This is a great role for someone looking to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical audiences at scale.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders. You’ll work across all our teams to onboard new sponsors and support sponsor rollouts and success. You’ll be responsible for communicating sponsor needs to teams and ensuring they’re implemented. You’ll help create trainings to effectively communicate this to everyone, including our event representatives.
- Develop and execute sponsorship activations. You’ll provide the operational expertise to launch new sponsorships and new initiatives. You’ll come up with scalable ways to get people excited about a sponsor at all our events.
- Analyze results & iterate on campaigns. We rely on data to know if campaigns are effective. You’ll work with the rest of the sales team to analyze key metrics and take action on optimizations and improvements.
- Translate information for hackers. Our customers rely on us for our deep understanding of hackers. You’ll act as a key component of making sure our sponsors products are useful and intuitive for hackers. You’ll perform technical analysis of sponsor platforms and make recommendations to to improve campaign effectiveness with developer audiences.
- Quality assurance. You’ll be responsible for confirming our plans get implemented correctly on the ground, by attending MLH events, monitoring quality & success, and gathering data.
- 2-3 years of customer success or developer relations experience.
- Strong project or program management skills, with experience leading and implementing high-impact projects with cross-functional teams.
- High attention to detail and standard of excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in complex situations with minimal guidance.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with technical software and/or hardware development
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work weekends.
- Passionate about technical education and communities.
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 full-time people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered more than 600 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons).