Marketing Manager Marketing | Full Time | New York City
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as a Marketing Manager. Every year, MLH works with thousands of student and faculty event organizers around the world to help them build local developer communities and events serving more than 100,000 people each year.
As our Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for communicating with our community and customers through all our channels. This is a great role for someone looking to step up, expand their marketing experience, and be a key contributor at a fast-growing startup.
This role reports directly to MLH’s co-founder and CMO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and manage our social media. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, and everywhere else our audience is. You’ll be responsible for maintaining these accounts and ensuring they are up-to-date with our current messaging and promotions.
- Manage email campaigns and newsletters. We’re in frequent contact with our community by email. You’ll write regular newsletters and email, managing what goes into them, who gets them, and what they look like.
- Write & edit blog posts. You’ll write and edit posts for our website, blog, and even other major blogs. They’ll range from stories about our event attendees to announcements to technical posts.
- Develop & maintain website copy. You’ll be responsible for ensuring we are clearly and effectively communicating about our various products and sponsors across all our web properties.
- Review & report on metrics. MLH’s decisions are based on data. You’ll create and maintain reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Maintain marketing systems. You’ll make sure all our various platforms, like marketing automation and our CRM, are talking to each other and that you’re able to collect and report information from them.
- 2-3 years work experience in a marketing role.
- You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think at scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Proficiency in marketing tools (email marketing, social media, analytics, and publishing).
- You’re adaptable and can take on new challenges as they arise at small fast-paced startup.
- You’re passionate about technical education and communities.
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 full-time people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered more than 600 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons).