Program Coordinator, MLH Localhost Localhost | Part Time | New York City
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as a part-time Program Coordinator for our newest product - MLH Localhost. We are reimagining hackers’ education experience to reflect the way that technologists actually learn, how fast the industry moves, and the need for lifelong learning. As the Localhost Program Coordinator you’ll be responsible for helping local organizers host MLH Localhost events by navigating them through training, scheduling, and logistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide organizers through the process of planning MLH Localhost events. You’ll work with organizers during each stage of the event planning process to keep them moving, collect the information we need, and ultimately execute a successful event.
- Provide training & ongoing support. You’ll schedule and lead training calls with organizers to prepare them to host events. You’ll be their main point of contact day-to-day and will be responsible for addressing any questions or support issues that come up.
- Track our success & report back to the team. You’ll document conversations and outcomes across all your interactions with event organizers. You’ll keep track of and share key metrics and inspiring stories with our team.
- Market the MLH Localhost program & content to organizers. You’ll communicate the value of MLH Localhost to potential organizers and help them select content that is a good match for their needs. Once they have a successful event under their belt, you’ll work with them to plan out future events as well.
- Help optimize & document our process. As MLH Localhost scales, our process will need to evolve. You’ll help identify areas we can improve internally and document changes for your team.
- Can commit to working 10 - 20 hours per week.
- Prior work experience at an internship or other job.
- Very organized and have impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously.
- You enjoy connecting with people and building strong relationships.
- Willingness to occasionally work weekends.
- Weekly team lunches
- Fast paced learning environment
- Flexibility on hours
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.