Ambassador Program Coordinator League | Full Time | New York City
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as our Ambassador Program Coordinator.
MLH has a team of 30+ contractors (“Coaches”) responsible for representing Major League Hacking at our events each weekend and beyond. As Ambassador Program Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for working with these members of the MLH family to ensure they’re engaged and excellent representatives of MLH.
This is a great role for someone with experience working with large teams or highly engaged communities and who is excited about discovering potential in people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly Staff Management and Allocation. Assign responsibilities, establish goals, and monitor/evaluate results for 30+ contractors across a variety of projects each month. Hold them accountable to their commitments by keeping track of their project progress and hours.
- Training. Oversee the creation, execution, and evaluation of training activities and materials for Coaches. Ensure that individuals stay up-to-date with the latest requirements by identifying knowledge gaps and closing them through training.
- Mentorship and Talent Development. Build and maintain a strong relationship with 30+ Coaches through regular meetings and thoughtful feedback. You’ll identify each person’s strengths and find the best ways for them to contribute to the organization each month.
- Regular Communication. Act as the main point of contact for 30+ remote Coaches in the program. Keep them updated on important organization and program news and respond to their questions and requests.
- Recruiting. Source, interview, hire, and onboard new community members into the Coaches program.
- 1-3 years of experience managing large teams or highly engaged contributor communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Talent coaching and developing people
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and support a variety of projects
- Willing to occasionally work weekends while traveling across North America and globally
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 12 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.