Marketing Manager Brand | Full Time | New York City
Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for someone to join our growing family and New York City office as a Marketing Manager. As part of our Brand team you will be responsible for overseeing our voice and driving demand across the three major constituencies we serve – student hackers, volunteer organizers, and corporate sponsors.
We facilitate hundreds of weekend long invention competitions for some of the smartest students you’ll ever meet. Every year, more than 65,000 students create amazing things at Major League Hacking hackathons and we provide the framework to make it all happen. We work with great partners like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to give the students great experiences. Better still, we’re a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world.
This is the first marketing hire in a fast-growing startup, reporting directly to the CEO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with our sales and league teams to develop and execute outbound and inbound lead generation campaigns
- Conduct A/B testing to increase conversion over time
- Standardize existing set of written communications across MLH constituencies (emails, newsletters, etc.)
- Establish regular cadence for communications across MLH constituencies
- Own content and execution of newsletters and blog posts
- Own social media strategy and execution across MLH properties
- Develop original messaging, content and marketing initiatives that will draw an audience, communicate MLH’s value proposition, and demonstrate thought leadership
- Develop a standardized content calendar with seasonal messaging across MLH constituencies
- Develop differentiated product positioning and messaging for MLH products and features
- Partner with sales team to refresh and develop collateral for existing and future products
- Own the development of a standardized brand voice across MLH, partnering with Leadership and Design teams on a daily basis
- Ensure brand voice is applied consistently in communications across MLH constituencies
- Own tracking and analytics related to campaign success, audience growth
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in a digital marketing or social media function
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem
- Experience executing paid and organic campaigns on key platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Google AdWords
- Analytical approach - passionate about testing, data and metrics. You know how to translate numbers into insights about users, their behaviors and other trends
- Strong experience working across digital, social, events and other internal and external communications a plus
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work cross-functionally
- Self-motivated, resourceful and comfortable with autonomy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to shift gears in a fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about technology, developers, and events
- Ideal candidate has an understanding of developer communities and culture within the tech industry
- Ability to travel on select weekends throughout the year
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- Travel opportunities
Major League Hacking's (MLH) mission is to empower hackers. Each year over 65,000 young technologists and innovators around the world attend MLH events and join our community. Our events provide a self-driven environment where community members learn from each other outside the confines of traditional academia. The MLH team grew out of this movement and is dedicated to making it accessible to the entire world.
- We’re a team of 13 people based in midtown Manhattan.
- Our co-founders, Swift and Jon, were recognized for their work in education by Forbes in the 2017 30 Under 30 list.
- We work with some of the top technology brands like Dell, Oculus, and Amazon to help them reach our community and get the latest and greatest tools into their hands.
- We have a group of world-class investors including General Catalyst, Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Jeff Lawson (Twilio), and Sundance DiGiovanni (Major League Gaming).
- We are a mission driven B Corp, committed to responsibly serving the world and our community.
- The hacker movement is taking off! Since we started in 2013, we’ve powered nearly 450 weekend-long invention marathons (called hackathons). About 50% of those happened in 2016 alone.